Effective from 24 May 2018
GoodPeople - incorporated as 'The Good People Business Ltd' (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our website General Terms (available here) and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, by visiting www.GoodPeople.co.uk (the “Site”) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") Legislation 2018, the data controller is The Good People Business Ltd.
Collection of Personal Information
1. a) Information you give us
We collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address, service history etc) when you fill in registration forms, submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs or any other user generated content facilities or send emails to us. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
1. b) Information we collect about you
In addition to personal information you give us, we may collect information about you automatically when you visit the Site. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. Cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your visit. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. For further information about how to disable cookies using your browser settings, please go to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
The Site uses the following Cookies:
· Cookies that carry session ids (against which the other data is tracked);
· a Cookie for carrying the users settings for the current session, for example, if text-editor tabs are set to visual or code;
· a test Cookie, used to see if Cookies are enabled; and
· a Cookie containing details of when the user last logged in.
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help us analyse how users use the Site. These cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information and are only used for the statistical collection of data such as visits and page hits. Google Analytics’ cookies store IP addresses but we cannot link those addresses to any individual or path through the Site. Google uses the cookies to read information and evaluate visitors’ use of the Site in the form of statistical reports that we can access. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Use of Your Personal Information
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to contact you, or permit selected third parties to contact you, with information and offers on products/services that you might find interesting;
- to provide you with customer service and support;
- to communicate with you about our business and services in general;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, including personalising your visits to the Site to improve the services provided to you;
- to inform you about the latest changes to the Site, our products and services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- to enable you to share our content with others e.g. using an ‘Share this’ functionality;
- to conduct market research;
- to carry out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Site;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information:
- with other companies within the GoodPeople Ltd group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- with selected third parties so that they may contact you with information and offers about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data
We may further disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
By using the Site, you agree to these disclosures of personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all such third parties protect your personal information adequately.
In relation to any other third parties we will only disclose your personal information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from will not be transferred to, or stored at, any destination outside the European Economic Area.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure as required by law in England.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details set out below. We may charge a small administration fee (not exceeding the maximum permitted by law in England) in relation to fulfilling any request for access to personal information.
If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, change your marketing preferences or have any other privacy queries, please write to us (including full details of your request) at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
The Good People Business Ltd
Strand, London WC2R 1LA
Copyright © 2018: The Good People Business Limited. All Rights Reserved